The traditional Andorran cuisine also includes some pastry preparations that will certainly not leave you indifferent. This time we teach you how to prepare the Andorran cream, do you dare to make it with us?
- 1 liter of milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 200g of sugar
- 30g of corn flour
- lemon peel
- 3 egg whites
1) Mix the corn flour and a glass of milk and set it aside.
2) Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in another bowl and add the mixture little by little to the milk with flour.
3) Boil the rest of the milk over a medium heat.
4) Add cinnamon and lemon peel
5) When the milk begins to boil, remove any remaining cinnamon or lemon.
6) Add the mixture to the milk and stir until you have a homogeneous mass.
7) Wait until it starts to boil without stopping stirring until a creamy texture is achieved.
8) Pour the mixture into individual containers and let cool.
9) Beat the egg whites with 5 tablespoons of sugar until they reach stiff peaks.
10) Put the mixture on top of the cream and toast in the oven until they have a golden hue.
11) You can add caramel on top.